Update: Post-UTME form for Yabatech has closed.
The University of Lagos admission cutoff mark has been released and as usual, the cutoff marks are high. One thing you should understand is; schools do not have the facilities to admit a lot of students in each department. So they increase the cutoff marks to admit a selected few.
Unfortunately, a lot of candidates won’t score up to the cutoff mark.
So what next?
Would you wait to write another JAMB? Or would you get the UNILAG change of course form and switch to courses with lower marks?
The thing is most of these courses that will be on the change of course list are courses that have less demand in the labour market. Trust me, you don’t want to spend 4-5 years in school and end up struggling to get a job.
I have a better alternative for you.
Why not consider Yaba College of Technology; UNILAG’s sister school :).
Now, before you say you don’t want to study/school in a Polytechnic, here are some important facts;
- You could do an OND programme in Yaba College of Technology and switch to UNILAG for a B.SC through direct entry.
- Yaba College of Technology is a respected institution in Nigeria. In fact, it is the first tertiary institution to be established in the country.
- The more you stay at home waiting to write another JAMB, your JAMB score will begin to reduce gradually because you may not be able to assimilate like when you were fresh out of secondary school. This will make it harder for you to gain admission.
- It is easier to get admission in Yabatech than in UNILAG. The competition in Yabatech is lesser compared to UNILAG.
Instead of giving up at this moment and wasting your JAMB score, why not give Yabatech a trial?
Yabatech does not conduct post-UTME exams like the University of Lagos. The school only calculates your JAMB score and O’level grades. You can see the formula YABATECH uses to calculate its post-UTME aggregate score here.
Yabatech’s JAMB cutoff mark is 150 while UNILAG is 200. Obviously, anybody that applied for the University of Lagos’ post-UTME exam scored from 200 and above. This already gives you an edge ahead.
So, how do I get the Yabatech Post-UTME Application form?
First, you have to make Yaba College of Technology your first choice of Institution. You can do this by getting the JAMB change of institution form which is still available.
JAMB has made it mandatory that for you to get admission into any tertiary institution, you have to make that institution your first choice. Regardless if it’s a Polytechnic, college of education or even a Monotechnic.
When you have made Yabatech your first choice, your selection on your JAMB print out will look like the image below.
After you have made Yabatech your first choice, the next step is to get the Yabatech Post-UTME form.
The Yabatech post-UTME form is still available but it will be closing any time soon, so you have to hurry up.
Now, here is where we come in.
We can help you get the Yabatech post-UTME screening form and the JAMB change of institution form.
There are added perks when you get the form from us – These perks, you won’t get anywhere else.
These are what you will get from us;
- Our consultation services cost 3,000 Naira but you will get this for free. With this service, we will tell you the course you are most likely to get admitted for.
- We will follow up on your admission till the admission process ends. Here, we will send you an SMS and emails concerning your admission.
- We will add you to our premium customer list. Occasionally, we send live changing tips to our premium customers e.g How to study abroad on a scholarship, e.t.c
To get the post-UTME form from us, call us on 08188376992 to book an appointment. You could also call us when you get to Yabatech for directions.
When coming for the form, come along with the following documents;
- O’level result (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB).
- Any JAMB print out containing your application number.
- A passport photograph.
The price for the post-UTME form and service charge is 3,500 Naira only. If you are also doing the change of institution, we will charge you 3,000 Naira for that.
If you have any questions, please use the comment form below or contact us privately here.